View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
Derek@AccuAir

Mr. Simpson Build Thread

I picked up this 73 short fleet a few months ago. Since it's going way further than I initially planned, I thought I'd do a build thread on it.

When I bought the truck, it was running and driving, so I convinced myself I was going to just clean it up a little, get it on a simple bolt in air suspension, and drive it as quickly as possible. Wellllllllll........I have the same disease that I know you all have, which means that things quickly got out of hand. The truck is now in a LOT of pieces and parts are stacking up quickly.

It's a VERY rust free original Burnt Orange 1973 Custom Deluxe. I've buffed out the factory paint and will put some new stock style trim on the truck, but that's all I'm going to do to the outside of the truck. I love it exactly as it sits.

Plans include:

Choppin Block front crossmember and rear back half - I'm going to drive this thing like a stole it and the front and rear splined sway bars are GREAT for that!

AccuAir e-Level with two of the new ENDO-VT tanks. The built in valves and flow controls at each corner make install and operation super easy and clean.

Raceline Wheels - I'm thinking their new Nitro wheels would look killer on a Square. 22x8.5 front and 22x12 rear with a matte gray finish.

Engine and Trans - I've gone back and forth on the power plant for this thing. I have a 383 Stroker that I started to build a few years ago and needs very little to finish. I also have a 1995 Camaro T56 trans that is really easy to bolt up to a SBC. I love the sound of a SBC with a big cam and have to have three pedals in this truck, so my plan is to fuel inject the 383 and pull around 500 hp out of it. I want this truck to be a hot rod and I think the engine and trans will fit the build.

I've never been good at making sure I document things so the first picture I have of the truck after getting it home is after spending a night tearing it apart. I spent some time getting the paint cleaned up and the new trim on it before deciding to go all out on it. I've attached some pictures of it from the first one I took up to last night. I'll do my best to make sure I get pictures every night I work on it to keep this thread up to date.

I hope you all enjoy the thread as much as I enjoy following everybody's on here!
Attached Images

Derek@AccuAir is offline   Reply With Quote