Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #153
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The casting numbers on the caps won't tell anything about the differential. If you are certain of the tooth count then you have 3.42 gears. Those are not original. If the tooth count was 11 & 41, then that is a 3.73 gear ratio and could very likely be original. On the edge of the ring gear where it is bolted to the carrier are the part number, date and tooth count stamped into the ring gear.
Thanks John for the info...I will check tomorrow...I am taking the driveshaft to Birmingham after work tonight to get it cut down and balanced. It is supposed to be done on Wednesday so hopefully she will move on her own power this weekend.

Still have to bleed the brakes, fill the rear end and install the driveshaft once I get it back. Once I can drive the truck I am gonna take the bed off and get it all sanded up, get the new bed wood cut and milled.....I will then take it some place and get the metal work done on it...have to replace the cab corners and fix the 2 door spots that I attempted to fix....plus the drivers side rocker needs some attention.....I figure they can do it a lot better and cheaper than me trying to learn to weld in patch panels
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote