View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #20
jasonroman

Re: new to me 85 burb. need lowering help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
The rear air shocks I used will fit your application. They are stock length so you can use them now and with shock extenders after the flip. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/MON-MA743

I had originally planned to do a 1.5 coil drop and purchased a set of CPP front drop shocks that were on sale. I have them on now, but I haven't put any miles on them yet so I don't know if they're too soft, too stiff, or just right.
well i guess until i can figure out how to do the flip i may look into those.
for now, i put the overload back in today. rides much better seems to only hit in the front now. tomorrow i will cut the metal bracket that held the bump stops up front.
rears a little higher but only the width of the overload. but now doesn't look like it did in pics where the ass was lower than the front.
going to order the spindles, and flip kit. worse case i guess ill take it to a shop with a lift. thinking they can take off the easy side of the leafs and drop axle then swing everything back into place. i cant do this in my garage.
issue will be wether or not i can get in and out of my driveway after parts are installed. may ride like this for a little bit and look for some truck rallys in the meantime. id hate to get parts, put on and not be able to get in driveway....
thanks for reply's!!!!

will be looking to clean engine bay up next. no clue where to start but 85 no inspection needed here in jersey. so I'm pretty sure 85% of the stuff thats under my hood, i don't really need.
jasonroman is offline   Reply With Quote