View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #2264
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Thanks, everyone. I've been going back over fittings and re-tightening them all. The power steering reservoir is full and I used the vacuum fill tool to check for leaks in the cooling system (none) and then load the system with DexCool antifreeze. Worked like a charm... probably the first time I've ever performed that task without making a mess.

The outside mirrors arrived recently. They're APR GT3 carbon fiber pieces. I weighed one on the digital scale and it came in at 5.6 oz. I hope I can mount them in the small triangles that came with the one piece windows.

I need to bleed the brakes and put in some 93 octane and I think I'll be ready to fire off this puppy in a few days. I haven't been able to get in touch with the guys that installed my last two windshields... think they may be out of business. I'm probably going to just do it myself. I've done a few (many years ago). Mostly Chevy cars, but the principle is the same. I'm thinking about upgrading to the windshield gasket with the stainless reveal molding. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with that (good or bad)?
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote