View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #45
chaseman17

Re: Project SLAMBULANCE

Progress continues & we have now moved to the rear suspension. A few photos are attached.

An interesting note on one photo. The rear suspension work requires the removal of a bunch of factory installed rivets. Not too hard to do, but they take up some time. I came across a bump stop bracket on the drivers rear that they must have run out of rivets & just decided to weld it on one end. I have never seen that before!

The original seat material has been reworked by a local shop. I am happy with the results. I was not concerned about matching it back exact, but really wanted to keep the original scroll work & they were able to do that. The seat now has original material & material from a night club, a Chinese Buffet & even a little from an ostrich!

The shocks were all original. You have to love the name - Delco "Pleasurizer" HD! Kinda difficult to believe that they don't still use that name!

The rivets are now gone, the axles are out getting converted to 5 lug, the lowering blocks, shock mounts and pan hard bar mounts are all in.

Next is the C-notch.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Attached Images