Thread: Who are you??
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Re: Who are you??

I'm a Hey Buddy/Hey Girl guy, too. It may seem impersonal, but I have never gotten into using a person's name when I am speaking to them. I'll do it when I write. But speaking in person I just don't say, "Hey Bill, how ya been?". It's just "How ya been?". I guess I'm lying. I'll use your name, such as "Hey Bill", but I never interject your name into conversation. But even when I know your name my recollection can be so bad I'm lucky to get "Hey" out before you think I ignored you

I had a short conversation with this one old guy I've always seen around town and wave to. I hadn't seen him in a while, same as I hadn't seen good old Courtney, the best doggone radiator man you ever saw who closed his doors a while back, which is who I thought I was talking to until some time later that day

I have had people swear up and down that I am somebody else who they know. I mean more than once. Once when I was in Florida I went with my buddies to a party in another town. No sooner had we gotten there and it seemed a group of guys there were having unfriendly intentions with me and I had no idea why. A friend we were visiting, who knew everyone there, went up and asked what their problem was and they were about to jump me for ripping them off earlier that night! It's a good thing he knew them and knew I had just then gotten to town.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-23-2020 at 12:50 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote