View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #21
dbash

Re: 1971 4X4 $WB $tep$ide Frame Off Re$to Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Jack View Post
looking good...what crossover steering did you go with? i'm looking for a complete kit for my 67 1/2 ton 4x4 and what all was included in the kit or did you piece it together
Thanks Jack,

I am using Off Road Design's Dana 44 Cross Over Steering Kit.

They are online at offroaddesign.com I recommend calling them they were very helpfull.

This Kit includes; Pitman arm, Steering arm, Stud kit, (Nuts, cones and studs), Draglink, Draglink ends.

In addtiion to this kit I purchased the following from ORD:

1 1/4" Tie Rod and Tie Rod ends.

A remanufactured 2WD 1ton steering box but you can get a used one and purchase a rebuild kit cheaper if you want. The stock 4x4 steering box will not work for the crossover steering setup.

Passenger and driver side Reid heavy duty knuckles. These are overkill for the type of off road use my rig will see but I dont know how hard my stock ones were beat over the past 40 years so I wanted to eliminate the question. I have these knuckles in my rock crawler steering 42"x 15" wide swampers through the rubicon and they are bullet proof! The cool thing is you can use your stock passenger side knuckle you just have to send it in to ORD and they will machine it to accept the crossover kit for a small fee.

Stage eight locknuts for the axles. These replace the 4 notch locknut that needs to be torqued pretty hard to prevent the hub from coming loose and they are bullet proof as well.

I hope this helps you with yours. Once the brown truck brings all of these parts to us I will be sure to post good pics of the entire cross over steering setup.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by dbash; 04-11-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: add text
dbash is offline   Reply With Quote