Thread: Triple Threat
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 01:18 AM   #9
izzy_Britton

Re: Triple Threat

Shop truck lives! so after driving 465 miles for work today, thats a lot of seat time to just think about stuff... anyways, i was thinking that maybe the reason the truck wouldnt start was as mentioned above, a VATS issue. I thought maybe the VATS was linked directly to the encoded key but knowing that i didnt have a key at all changing out the ignition cylinder with a new one from the auto parts store i would still have the same issue.

so i thought maybe it wasnt a KEY issue and maybe the cylinder itself had something to do with it. so I grabbed up the old cylinder knocked the tumbler cap off and removed the mini springs, the tumblers themselves wouldnt come out so i thought 'heck i will force them out with a key from one of the other trucks'. i walked down to the other shop grabbed the key from the z-71 and started out the door. then it kit me. why not just snag the whole ignition cylinder from the z-71 and give it a whirl?

needless to say these things are so easy to remove the ignition cylinders from the columns, 3 minutes later it was out of wifes truck and in the shop truck and the dumb thing fired off and idled less than 3 minutes later.

so all that to say, a new ignition cylinder would solve these issues if anyone else was faced with such an issue.

also after this, i think i can confidently say that i could steal any one of these trucks with a small pry bar, a new ignition cylinder, and a medium pair of channel locks. if my truck was this easy and it is the standard, security my @ss! lol

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote