Thread: Am I green
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #8
4u2nv

Re: Am I green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Your opinion on the ride quality of 20" wheels & tires are subjective when you're comparing that 1 combo on that truck. What size tires were on those 20" wheels you previously used before swapping to the 18" set-up? What size tires are on the 18" set-up?

Welcome.
Wheel & tire combo's are based on individual preferences & budgets.

Research will suggest 20x8 - 8.5's up front will work w/o issue. Steppers are notorious for limited rear fenderwell clearance. I know some have squeezed 20x9.5's but they needed to really nail down back-spacing (BS).

So here's where preference & budget turn the discussion..... Some drops require rubber band sidewalls while others allow moderate. Some guys are obsessed w/the drop amount & opt to run 'whatever will fit' to be the lowest truck vs doing some sort of compromise that gets a nice drop w/some decent sidewall.

Then there's the entry price point 'on the shelf/in stock' CAST wheel choices that come w/limited BS options vs. billet aluminum wheels w/more specific BS options. More BS options allow better (more precise) placement which can lead to more tire size options.

Which category are you?
Thanks for schooling me Scoti and well put also
This is the reason I'm asking these questions , to figure out what my needs are and what will fit my step side . I do want the 20's and for price , I'm in the middle bracket for what I want to spend
Thanks again
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote