View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 05:31 PM   #6
Blue68

I swapped the whole enchilada and went with Energy Suspension bushings. The deal is you brake line plumbing changes (does anyway). You can use the newer tie rods if you swap out the drag link (there are more than one length I think). Then you can use all GM parts available from you local parts house. Do consider the 6 lug rotors (and GET the 1.25 ones). Don't forget about the master cylinder and proportioning valve. Get new on these items. Early classic can help you out on these as well as the plumbing and brackets for the prop valve.

Only drawback I've seen with the newer crossmember is the springs seem to set the truck a little higher. May just be perception. If you go with a complete kit, spindles made for the setup, then you'll have considerably fewer hassles. Depends on you budget and do-it-yourself attitude.

------------------
'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4, Thorley Headers, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.
Blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote