Thread: Lss3
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #107
69cunningham

Re: Lss3

In preparation for the next trip to the powder coater, I’ve been searching for all the parts that need to go. Since the truck was taken apart 30 years ago and has been moved several times and stored in many different places, it is a challenge finding parts or even knowing what parts are still around. I have given away parts that weren’t supposed to be reused and thrown away others. I couldn’t find the drag link or the u-bolts that attach the lower a-arms. I tore apart my sheds and garage looking for them.

I ended up buying new u-bolts from Napa. The 650-4065 is a pair of 9/16”. The original parts are ½”. The holes in the cross member only had to be opened up slightly. Of course immediately after the parts came home, I found the original ones in a cabinet that had very few ’69 parts. Oh well.

The drag link was harder. It turned out that I had included it with a set of 71 disc brake parts I gave to a friend. It had been in one of his sheds for a couple of years.

The parts should be back from the coater in a week or two. Miller Powder Coating in Rohnert Park CA is doing these parts since they did such a nice job on the frame. Then the engine can go back into the frame.
69cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote