Thread: My First
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #21
heymoe

Re: My First

Quote:
Originally Posted by wancosc356 View Post
As far as your first question, when I build my suspension I am going with PB. No other considerations.

That's a bummer about the "new rust free" cab. From what I understand, is that the window frame and firewall rust is a pain. They say that even though you may think get it all out, you may have some show up again. Most guys recommend replacing the entire roof if you have that problem around the window frame. I personally think you are better off using the "new" cab.

You also have to ask yourself if you want a small window or big window too. That is gonna be your personal preference. And also, if you care that you have a 68 cab or the original 67 cab. And the paperwork matching up and whatnot.

I too have no experience in metal work but I am eager to learn how to also. When I start to do my metal work, Im gonna try it myself. You just gotta practice first and then take your time and measure correctly. I mean, the worst that could happen is that you blow through the sheet metal and have to have someone fix it. I say give it a try.

Just my $0.02, for what it's worth.

I would really like to learn how so I do not have to pay someone. I just wish I knew someone that has done it before to guide me along a bit. I really like the large window so I think I want to keep this cab unless I come across a better one for cheap $.

Anyone live close that could give me some pointers and schooling?
heymoe is offline   Reply With Quote