View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

7dos - Build Thread

Hello all,

Some of you may know me, most may not. So I'm going to start this thread dedicated to my 72 since I never did way back when.

My father bought this 72 C-10 when I was about three years old. He needed something to get back and forth from work, which it could barely do when he bought it. It was a blue and white two tone, longbed truck, but it was our truck and I instantly fell in love. My father always told me we would fix it up together and when I turned 14, we started doing just that. The plan started out as paint, rebuild the motor, suspension work, refresh the interior etc, but that didn't last long. Next thing you know we decided it was going to be a shortbed, and well, that meant tearing it all the way down to the frame. Fast forward to my 16th birthday and it was done:

Torch Red Paint
5.5/4in drop
Frame off rebuild
355/350
Blazer tank

The following pics are how it looked after completion (about 12 years ago)

So that's how it looked for about 12 years, until we decided to call up Travis at Pro Performance.... He hooked us up with Porterbuilt components and Accuair management, new Boyds Welding tank, etc.. We ordered these parts about a year ago, but just now got them on. I must say, Travis at Pro Performance and Nate at Porterbuilt are stand up guys, and were just an email or text away, when we needed some assistance.

I've got my wheels and tires on order, but here are some pics after getting her bagged. I'll continually update this thread as we get stuff done to it etc.

20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote