View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #13
Originalthor

Re: 68 chevy long bed step side worth factory restoring

Thanks for the input. The roof rust was a big kick in the nut when I found it in the garage. I didn't even look up to tell you the truth. It had the grill style I wanted and was looking at what all needed to be done to the bottom half which is decent shape. The usual stuff cab corners, cab supports, drivers side floor cause the guy that took the fender stuck the hood hing through the vent window. Shoot the inside rockers are not even rusted out, outsides have less holes them then my 03 gm. But would all be replaced.

It was another kick when I checked the vin to find out it was a write off and needs full inspection and a frame integrity inspection. It was my father inlaws truck and the only reason it was wrote off was because it was stolen and they blew up the 396 in at the time. And had cab corners rusted out.

Not the end of the world I got 2 more trucks out there so hoping the green cab is good with a good vin.

So back to plan A.
Use frame I got in the garage it nice and straight
use the green cab if it doesn't have roof rust.
fleets from the brown truck
make it handle (great reads)
Ls and standard or at( debating on this one. I love my SBC 327)
Oh yeah and short box it. (Drive a 03 quad cab duramax so its trippy to drive for the first time.)
And take a couple of years to do it. Three kids and full time job don't leave to much play time for me. 9 pm to 12 pm.

Thanks again for the advice all and glad to be back on the forums. Totally forgot about the upload pics to the site.
Attached Images

Originalthor is offline   Reply With Quote