View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: Interior Originality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Am I missing something as I don't see the tilt marked on the spid, I don't think it was standard equipment on a Cheyenne Super. If I'm right then someone added the tilt which has the black column and changed out the saddlewood dash pad and saddlewood steering wheel which means the saddlewood carpet is correct for the truck ???
Got observations. I never looked at the SPID. I'd say all the black was added, same as the column and wheel, but you bring up another good point with Cheyenne Supers with Parchment interior w/o tilt. It's been a long time since I have looked at an original Cheyenne Super with Parchment & non-tilt. Now that you mention it, I have a pair of doors I pulled from one in the early-80s I parted and I am picturing that dash pad as black. I certanly don't recall it being Sandalwood. Same for carpet, IIRC. I know in '70s a non-tilt would be Sandalwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
The interior in that top pic. is about the nicest I've seen. The CST badge on the door, was that factory on a 72?
I believe that one is a Blazer

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote