View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #15
Killer Bee

Re: Which car hauler trailer to buy for my long bed?

I would opt for a 20' if I ever buy a new trailer, but my 16' Carson has fit everything I've needed it for..

trailer weight, parking for storage, and towing frequency should also be considered..

I did order it with brakes on both axles, typically only one standard, and battery backup break-away..

I ordered wood deck due to desert sun making steel deck untouchable, but would probably order steel next time..

electric winches are nice, could have used one a couple of times but managed with a pair of come alongs..

always hook up with rated coupling, drawbar, receiver, etc. and air up for load for worry free towing..

center the vehicle load on the trailer axles and cross tie down with heavy straps with chain leaders or chains..

careful driving, plotted route, extra stopping distance and proper gear selection makes for smooth sailing..

this was a stretch due to a b/o airbag on left side, but made the 110 mi trip from Ojai to OC in 2.5 hrs smoothly..

71 k20 Suburban 127" wheelbase..

what I originally bought the trailer for.. both of course only a year after buying the half ton truck

towed this rig all over Mojave to Vegas to the Baja without issue..

towed numerous cars and trucks over the 14 years I've had it.. quite satisfied for the price I paid new..

good luck!