View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #86
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: #the 77_remix

As promised, I have a comparison between the stock incandescent tail light bulbs and the LED replacements that I purchased. I was cautioned by Chris Lucas to watch out for physical size of the LEDs as some are inherently larger than the bulb they replace. I looked for this in the advertised specifications. For some reason the seller thought I would be concerned with the package dimensions rather than the size of the item in the package. In case your interested the package was 3.2 x 1.7 x 0.5 inches. I looked in the reviews to offer some insight and found great information on the 1156 and 1157 bulbs. None was to be had for the 194 bulbs so I "assumed" they would be fine.

Upon arrival, I opened the packages and compared them to the bulb they would replace. It was clear that the info sourced on the larger bulbs was correct. Unfortunately the 194 replacement was obviously too long. It certainly looked cool as the body was made of machined aluminum, but clearly not going to fit inside the housing.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 11-07-2017 at 10:33 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote