Thread: Vin help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
graytoad

Re: Vin help!!!!

1972 Chevy Pick UP - VIN help needed.
Will someone with an unmolested 72 Chevy pick up please photograph the location (and style) of their VIN plate and post it or PM Me with it. You are more then welcome to obscure the serial number if you have any concerns etc.
We have just bought a 72 with VIN plate issues. Here in Ontario Canada we can purchase a 'sellers kit' that lists the current and past owners, confirms the full vin number and is an assurance that the vehicle is not 'stolen' or has any leins against it. We also get the 'ownership' for the vehicle which also confiirms the number and the registered owner. The frame number matches the VIN on the ownership but there is NO correct factory vin plate on the truck.
We were at a car show on the weekend and there were no 72's at the show and I know that they styles and placement of plates changed occasionally over the years. The two 69's that were there both had two plates affixed as in the attached photo on the 'strike pillar' of the door frame. (Not my truck so I obscured the vin.)
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images