View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #2125
knomadd

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Hey, Duane. I think you're ahead of me quite a bit.
Hope the water is going down in your area. The hard part is still looming for a lot of folks. Scrounging gas and groceries may be tricky for awhile. Even getting around will be a challenge. Buddy of mine lives on the northern edge of the Addicks reservoir and his daughter lives on the southern edge of the Barker reservoir. Took him over two hours today to go the 11 miles between their houses... but he made it!
Getting around my area isn't bad right now. Supplies are definitely going to be tough to get for a while. I'm seeing that trash services and mail/package delivery is still not happening (holding my parts hostage on the north side of town), but things are starting to look better with the sun finally out and the rain has stopped. Flooding from rivers and reservoirs are going to be a concern for a week or two at least. Hopefully the whole Houston area can recover pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
I was able to tweak the suction and high pressure lines with the evaporator in place, but looks like I'll have to fit up the radiator lines on the bench. Either that or find a triple jointed circus performer to reach up in there.
I remember this part all too well. I couldn't get the hard lines to fit, and I didn't like the look that much, so I went with the EZ Clip stuff for the heater side too. That was still a huge PITA to get in there and tighten the fittings to the bulkhead. There sure isn't much room in there for extra line to be able to do it when the unit is out. I had to install it TWICE! Once a couple years ago and again during this swap after modding the firewall.

It's looking pretty clean though, keep it up!

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote