View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 04:15 PM   #131
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Ok some small updates and a question for you guys.

First off I got my fender metal work complete, but I had to separate the pass. side fender by cutting out all the spot welds. I didnt want to use the puller because there were some bad creases to take care of as well as rust on the inside of the fender, so got it all straightened out and stripped to bare metal and epoxied, the fender is back together, i just need to re spotweld it. Then I can hang them and start working on my panel gaps,

I also resprayed the slick sand and its been sitting for two weeks now. SO I need to get on sanding that down for the final time.

Today I installed a flip kit, so now I will have a 4.5/7" drop. Everything went fine and dandy, took about 45 minutes to install. The question/problem I am now seeing is, that my driver side shock is almost bottomed out ( about 3/4'' of shaft showing. The passenger side has around 2 3/8" of shaft showing. I measured the rear of frame to the ground on both sides and it is the same height. But if I measure from the center of the lower shock mount to the center of the shock mount on both sides, the pass. side is around 1 5/8" longer than the driver side.
Can someone explain this one to me? did the factor mess up welding on the lower mount by that much? Or is there something I am seriously missing regarding my install?

Here are some pics.

Thanks

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote