View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
Rokcrln

LFD's C50 Web build

LFD's C50 Web Build
Maybe someday!

So for the longest time I have been drawn to the Top Kicks for tow vehicles but you guys know me and I could never just buy one and go. I would have to build it and have it be unique. So here is a Photoshop that was done by a few different guys on the board for me of what I think would be a bad @ss build.

Their is a 67/68 C50+ here in town that I went and looked at today just to see what kind of shape it was in and what the differences are between them and regular C10-30's. Looks like the cab is about the same except for the firewall. The dish is much larger and the tire tubs are larger as well but other than that not much difference. The truck only has 19K on the ticker and I can not see one of these being driven 119K but who knows. I could get the truck with out the Dump bed for about 1K then sell off the complete chassis for what ever once I find a new one. For now like the name implies this is just a Web build to think out side the norm and see what is possible. It may happen or it may not I don't know for sure.

What my mind build (for now) would be is to drop the cab and front end on a modern 1Ton chassis with a diesel and automatic (thinking a Dodge crew cab dually chassis and running gear) but if I went mid 80's chevy for the chassis I know I could do a set of Porters C30 arms to bring in the front tires just a bit. Next would be the LFD 4 door crew cab treatment. Then do a 10 lug conversion and lay the running boards on the ground like in the P-Chop. I think I would still do a Cummins in the Chevy frame for power and simplicity. I would then take a LWB fleet side bed and graft a set of NOS 67 step side fenders onto it for rear tire coverage. It would get a 5th wheel or goose neck trailer hitch and I would use this to pull my cars to shows all over the place.

The reason I would swap out the chassis is to get something a bit more modern and to drop it's insurance statues down to a 1Ton. I would never be pulling anything bigger than say a 30' enclosed trailer so it would be just fine if done right.

Here are a few pics I took today along with the P-chop that was done.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rokcrln; 12-07-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote