View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's C50 Web build

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I'd look for the 73-91 crew cab Chevy/GMC chassis so you can use the Dropmember!
I have spoken with Nate about this before and he had concerns about the amount of weight I would be having loaded and it might be a bit much for a dropmember. Plus with the running boards being about 10" lower then the rockers it will almost lay out with stock suspension So that is why I want the 10 Lug semi rims and about a 33-36" tall tire. That will give it the looks I want plus allow me to bag it and be able to lower down a bit but I will not need to go as low as a dropmember because I figure the frame will be about 8-10" off the ground when my running boards are laid out. Does that make sense?

Also you guys know by Web Build that it may never be anything more than just that, built on the web only. I have 2 personal projects going right now and a big one to start in the next 6 months so funds are totally depleted for the next year or so but I will keep planing this and see where it goes.

I have my Son's 51 F1 to get on the road first. Then get my Tahoe moving under it's own power then sell off my rock crawler parts sold so I can afford to finish the other two then we will see. But until then lets keep planing and getting it all down on the web.

Thanks for the encouragement all the same. I did show it to my Wife tonight and she did like it

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 12-07-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote