View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

1988 R30 Crew Soon to be Dropped

Hey guys, I've bought myself a 1988 R30 and figured I start a build thread. I have been a c10/c30 fan for a long time and have a relatively stock 1962 single cab long bed c10 back home in ND that was going to get the Porterbuilt treatment but the added complexity of the X frame and lack of a welder kept that project on the back-burner.

The plan for this truck is bagged, 22" semis, and a body drop. I'm going the Porterbuilt route up front and probably MMW 4 link out back. I have my Dropmember on order with a build time of 4-10 weeks. I plan on ordering some stock sized aftermarket lower arms when the Dropmember gets closer to being done but may end up redoing it with extended arms in the future. I want to be able to run bagged on stock rims until I can order the semis, hence the stock sized arms now.

Would also love to do a Cummins swap but donor availability will be the deciding factor there, I have a 1980 Trans am I'm trying to sell to pay for that.

Here is the truck and I will try and keep this updated as things change.

Its has a 454 and TH400(with a tailshaft leak) and the power steering gearbox leaks!

I live in south Las Vegas and am currently baggin my toyota so we'll see how it all fits in timewise between both trucks.

Ghostwhite is offline   Reply With Quote