View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
twouvakind

Re: Wiring problems before inspection

You already know this but...don't lose your investment to fire.

https://sca.auction/en/21479599-1972-chevrolet-c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71C10Guy View Post
So about a week ago my blinkers, wipers, blower motor, reverse lights, and brake lights all went out at once. I have no explanation for it, but now my alternator only seems to kick on after I use my blinker, which also makes my brake lights go off on whatever side I turned my blinker to. Is there a central fuse for accessories behind the main panel or something? Or any kind of explanation of this all happening at once after a year and a half of the truck being back on the road?
Btw the previous owner had all kinds of aftermarket electronic stuff on the truck that my dad and I ripped out without discretion, so the entire truck is basically just a giant ball of ubconnected and stripped wires. Also what's left of the original wiring harness is spliced into so many times it might as well be a tree. There are splices on top of splices on top of splices on some of the wires. I know this will just take time to sort out or a new wiring harness. My question is possible reasons for multiple systems going out all at once?

Last edited by twouvakind; 01-13-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: link
twouvakind is offline   Reply With Quote