View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #8
Phungki

Re: Thoughts on this cl find

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
News flash: they're not making these anymore. The old ones out there are getting both rustier AND more expensve!

But asking us if you should buy it is like asking if you should marry your girlfriend. An old truck is a relationship; is this the one you want to spend your weekends with and make part of your family?

It runs and drives; that's good. But it needs lots of work; it sounds like you think that's good too. Junkers are $2000, street rods are $30,000. Hard to find one in this middle price range like this.

If you like it, buy it and start posting your build thread asap!
Hardly a news flash but thanks for the sarcasm. I’m new to buying these types of vehicles so I thought it would be prudent to ask the ones who have. You know, get their onsite, learn what they have learned and possibly have them point out something that might not be so obvious to the novice. Like for instance the one forum member pointing out it had the wrong badges. Exactly the type of info a novice could use. Nowhere did I ask if I should buy anything. Maybe I’m wrong for thinking I’ll get that type of help here.
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote