Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:29 AM   #829
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaArt View Post
with the code 504 kit befor cutting kit the running boards were 9'' of ground hade 2' above front tire way to high by cutting cab mounts 3' bring running boards 5'' of ground

something is not adding up, and its not just your math (9" - 3" cut = 5"?) also, what tires are you running? if you have a 235/75/15 on it thats a 29.5" tall tire!

the code 504 kit is made to put the running boards about an inch below the frame. you said you changed out the front coils for lowering springs so that means you probably dont have Z85 springs (the high ride springs) in there any more. skymangs brackets with stock s10 bushings put the running boards in almost the same spot. also, the interference you are having with the radiator after cutting confirms that the code 504 kit is roughly the same height as skymangs lowered brackets.

a lot of guys see the cab on the frame and it LOOKS really tall, but its not actually. let me tell you from experience, skymangs lowered mounts with a 2" spring and 2" drop spindle puts the running boards about 3.5" off the ground, and that having the running boards 3.5" off the ground lets the front bumper scrub the crown in the road! this is all with plenty of clearance for a 19x22 rad. you are saying with 3" more out of the kit, and 5" of front drop you are still at 5", I say impossible. that would be almost flat on the ground.

do you have the motor in? trans? front clip on? running boards on? bed? because if you just have the cab on the frame its going to look a mile high.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote