View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #56
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: Something to tinker with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Bear View Post
Bottle openers....that is outside the box thinking at its finest!!

The 57 is in extremely good condition, very small rust through in just a couple places I have found so far. The trunk floor is flawless, so I am hoping the floorpans are the same!

The 73 has some severe rust through I noticed in the A-piller and the canopy is just waiting to go to the dump.

The motor I can get to run till the carb empties, the filter fills but has a severe leak, but the rest of the running gear is sound. It has been parked for 4 years or more, so there is alot needing done just because of that.

This summer I will pull the motor (it may end up in the 57 after some freshening up), I will be keeping the winch and then likely part the rest of it out. But it is so far down the to-do list that anything done to it is literally months away...
Check the hose coming from the hard line on the frame that connects to the fuel pump. The one on my 78 K20 got soft and the gentle bend it had from the factory turned into a kink that caused it to starve the carb of fuel when the engine compartment warmed up. Your fuel pump hose could just be soft with age and doing the same thing all the time. Hard to see with all the grime that is usually all over the area.

Great project too by the way. I did something similar for the same reason. 2wd RCSB trucks are just too rare up here and the ones that are around are too expensive to justify buying as a starting point for a full on truck build.

I started with a bare cab shell with nothing but the rear glass in it and sourced everything else with the options I wanted in the finished truck. Mine is on the road now but still needs painted and is using the high mileage TBI 454 & T-400 from a couple donor trucks still. It sure feels good to drive it though after putting so much work into building it from nothing. Can't wait to get it torn down & painted and to rebuild the engine & trans so it's got shiny paint that is all one color and it runs & moves as good as it stops & handles.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote