View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #77
Vic1947

Re: 68 C10 SBSS build - start to finish

Well, by mid May I was getting closer to the finish line. When Mike re-painted the cowl cover, he also painted the kickpanels for me. With the front fenders and grille, etc. in place I was working to get the rest of the wiring done. I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like wiring is a never ending task. I wired both the halogen headlights and the electric fans using relays with 8 ga. wire to be on the safe side. Both those items have high amp draw and I didn't need any failures. In retrospect, it would probably have been a good idea to wire the power windows with relays also, but that's something I can retrofit this winter when the weather's lousy.

With the engine bay wiring flanged up, I was able to install the fill panels between the grille and core support. I can honestly say, these were the only pieces of sheetmetal I bought that actually fit without needing to be redone. Bolted 'em in and they lined up on the first try. Whoever designed and built these panels obviously spent a lot of time getting them right.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote