View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #69
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndametz32
You've made more progress on this in a couple of weeks than I have in a couple of years
That's because I can see light at the end of the tunnel with this one! With the 68, there was no light, because the tunnel had no exit! I hit a wall with the 68 and couldn't go anywhere, and hadn't done much of anything significant, except to build the dash, in at least 3 years. At least with Fred, I can drive him to work, go home and do something to him, then drive him to work again the next day. As long as I can keep doing that, I think Fred will progress quickly. The exception being of course doing the Vortec swap this winter, then painting the exterior next winter.

Speaking of the Vortec, I transferred 1/2 of the $$ needed for the engine to my truck account today, and the rest will be transferred on July 31. Then on August 3, I pick up the phone and call whoever decides they want my business the most (Certified Auto Recycling or LKQ) and get a complete 5.3L heading my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemield
No problem Bob...that's the way to do it....I want to see pictures of the tool in action...
Love the pictures of your helper(s) They are both naturals at the truck repair stuff...
Oh, you know how I like pictures!

Bryce was a bit bummed when I told him I needed the engine stand that the 350 he has been tinkering with is on, but once he understood that a Vortec would be hanging on it AND he would be helping me tear it down to clean up and paint, he decided that it was OK then.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote