View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 PM   #89
MattPSU

Re: Crocodile Rocks Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Looking good.

I'm still waiting to see how much I have to pay in taxes before ordering my air management. Sometimes owning a business sucks.
Thanks and been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Nice job on the air management install
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex View Post
No video yet???
Not yet. It was raining and cold yesterday and I had some issues this afternoon when I went to start it after work today. I must have a leak somewhere, because the compressors start up the second the key is turned. In this cold weather, my truck needs a few cranks before it wants to start. But because the compressors were running, it killed the battery before she fired up. I pulled the connection to the fuse panel, but it was too late. I had to jump it to get it started. Once it was fired up, I plugged the lead back in, but I connected it to the wrong place - a lead that's on all the time, not with the switch. So when I cut it off, the compressors kept running and the battery died again. By this point, I had moved my daily driver back and it was starting to get dark, so I threw in the towel.

Obviously, I need to find the leak(s). Second, I'm wiring in a switch that I can turn off the compressors if I need them off. Maybe once those two are taken care of I can get some video.

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote