View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
alden

Factory accellerator pedal location?

This is on a 59 Fleetside with the 4 speed and the stock 235.

The transmission cover that came on the truck has been hacked to pieces and the pedal was falling apart, so I ordered a replacement pedal and transmission cover.

The original transmission cover had the pedal screwed into the left side, the new cover has all the holes for mounting it to the floor, but no holes setup for the factory style pedal. I looked in the factory assembly manual and couldn't find any drawing that described exactly where the pedal was supposed to go. I guess I could put new holes in the transmission cover where the old one had them, but the holes looked like they had been drilled out by the farmer that previously owned it rather than the factory so I'm not sure if that's where it's really supposed to mount.

FYI the "original pedal" I'm referring to is the hinge/pedal assembly that is covered in one piece of rubber seen here: http://www.classicparts.com/1958-59-...ctinfo/39-313/

Any thoughts on how I can go about getting this in the right spot? Any pictures of the factory setup?

Thanks!
Alden
alden is offline   Reply With Quote