View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #29
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Starting the overall replacement of front suspension today :-) drop time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaStewySnipes View Post
Yea klean strip etch stuff works good too it is right next to krud cutter must for rust at walmart great to add a bit for heavy rust removal after a couple tries you will find the sweet spot. it is a little bit more potent great for heavy rust, it will etch the metal if left in to long it does help with adhesion. The batch I was using was mostly for converting and pits, I sprayed on waited for them to turn black. But yes that stuff works great with vinegar and water, just do not add to much... You can always add more but cant go back.
Etching the metal should be okay if rinsed off well, I hope? I also soak in a baking soda bath afterwards. I'm not ready to finish, so that's why I'm curious.

Yeah, and obviously I misunderstood your formula. For some reason I "remembered" phosphoric acid. I'll try the must for rust. Sounds real good. I needed the phosphoric anyway.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote