View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #44
48cj2a

Re: Sarge's rattle-can rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER View Post
I finally finished what I wanted to do to the back of the truck. The receiver hitch was added months ago but I just now found a trailer light harness that is plug and play and got that on. I also got the filler panel straight and mounted with new hardware from LMC and got some new bumper bolts while I was at it - all of it painted of course, shiny bolts wouldn't work here. The tail light housings were painted gloss white and I put some new reproduction lenses on as well. I left the division markings painted on the left side of the tailgate but repainted over the unit number on the right side with the project name. I also added the tractor-style flood light although it's not wired in yet. There is reflective tape glue residue on the tailgate, I need to hit that with some Goo Gone and a toothbrush and see if I can get any of it off, but I'm otherwise pretty much done on the back end. The doors are next.
If your Blackout Lamps still work you might be able to splice your backup lamp in that right bumper black out lamp circuit and operate it from the dash switch
48 Willys CJ2A 48CJ2A
48cj2a is offline   Reply With Quote