View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
jarrodblake

Re: Heavy Duty 3800 5K bags need cupped. How deep do they need to be? Car hauler C30

Well I went ahead and started on cupping my lower control arm. I went with a three inch cup as the bags only compress to about 4 inches and most bags used on c10 compress to about 2.5 inches and it looks like most of them use a 2 cup. I'm not planning on slamming it or any thing. I'm just trying to get the bag to operate efficiently. I assume when the bag is at rest or slightly compressed is where the bag is most effective? granted I know very little about air ride. I have measured my current ride height on the truck from the top of the lowering control arm to the bottom of the spring mount to be 6 inches. The bags at rest are 9 inches and with the 3 inch cups it will be at the stock ride height of 6 inches. The bags max height is 12.5 inches so I can lift the truck 3.5 inches and lower it about 5 inches.

IMAG1651 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1655 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1656 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1657 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1658 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1661 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1660 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1663 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1666 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1695 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1696 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1697 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1698 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1699 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

The mounting points are wider than normal bags that and the mounting points needed to be moved over so I milled some new slots and moved the hole over.

IMAG1701 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1702 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
IMAG1703 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr

This is it at 6 inches.

IMAG1704 by jarrod vanwinkle, on Flickr
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote