View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #57
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

The cab is not on...yet. I was able to get quite a bit done this weekend. Finished up the front suspension and installed brakes/spacers/wheels. Picked up my new to me 8.5" ZR2 10 bolt axle. This sets the wheel spacing up perfect for what I'm trying to accomplish, and it get's me a stouter axle than the 7.5", and none of the hassle of the 8.8 swap. I spray bombed it and ordered complete new brakes for it. I will change the gears out to a 3.23 or 3.08 ratio to comply better with my tire size. Might update the carrier while I'm in there also.

Fab'd up about 85% of the cab mounts. Still need to weld the top plates on and bore the 2" hole. My ZQ8 steering gear will be in tomorrow, along with my new computer setup for the shop. That will make parts searching and general shop time more enjoyable. No more trips to the house to look things up on the laptop, or searching on the phone.

Threw on both center cap choices to see what I like best. Baby Moon is the current front runner, but the Highway Patrol cap is growing on me.

My goal is to have the cab set and engine mounts welded in by the end of next weekend.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote