View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #70
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Haven't done much work in the shop this week. The heat index has been over 100* and our humidity has been in the 90% range. Not ideal for wrenching.

All that has happened, is stacking up more boxes as they arrive. The steering column is in, LS6 valley cover, 4150 carb spacer with PCV port, and my 30lb @ 3 bar Brown/Orange Bosch injectors should be in today. They flow approx. 37lbs at 58psi (4 bar).

I was going back and forth on what to do with the PCV routing when it dawned on me, duh, buy the LS6 valley cover with the built in PCV valve. I have this same unit on my 6.0L powered Z28.

I'm taking 1 more week off from the shop and then I'm going to hit it hard. My goal is to have this truck running and driving by our local car show on October 14th. It may not be "finished", but I'd like to have it there.

I have the faux-wrecker bed penciled out, and my local sheet metal company on board to do the slip rolling and breaking. Just need the cab back on so I can get the measurements completed. I'm going to run a Tanks, Inc. Mustang fuel injected tank, probably use the 16 gallon unit. It will mount in between the frame rails behind the rear axle. I'll be using a 255lph pump and a Corvette regulator/filter, so I'll only have 1 fuel line that runs all the way to the engine. Planning on running the Classic Instruments "Hot Rod" series direct fit gauges and dash mounted tach that looks like a 60s vintage Sun unit.

Need to get the cab over to the big door, drag the hose over, smother the inside in purple power and hose it out. Let her dry out, and then slap it back on the frame and get to gettin'!

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote