View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
PhilistineAu

Re: 1985 C10 long bed L96 6l90e swap

Removed the old 350 and 700R4 a few weekends ago and finally got the L96 6l90 into the C10 engine bay.

It was much easier to take the front clip off. The engine head bolts worked fine for attaching the leveler. Using the Tejas mounts worked well - no major issues.

We did need to trim the top of the 6l90, which wasn't a huge issue. Instead of using a grinding wheel I just used a hacksaw and went slowly.

I still need to drill the holes into the chassis rails to bolt up the transmission cross-member. I also used the shorter energy transmission mount to get a little more space.

I've attached the connections to the sender unit. In hindsight I might have gone with a sender unit that had the vertical flange instead of the flare. The russel fitting won't fit the flare, but need that vertical flange instead (same as on the fuel rail in this case). I cut off the flares and attached the compression fittings, though they were difficult to get on.

Next steps:
- wire up the fuel pump (the plugs are not the same)
- order x ft of 10 gauge wire in red for the hot side of the fuel pump
- drop sender and fuel pump into the tank
- work out what I am going to do with the vent line and if the line on the back of the tank is also a vent line
- install the tank with the new chassis mounts
- bolt the corvette regulator to the frame
- create the 6AN fuel lines and attach them to the sending unit and the regulator
Attached Images

PhilistineAu is offline   Reply With Quote