View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 01:19 AM   #6
Russell
Professional Grade

Re: 95 Chevy Tahoe Duramax Swap

I have had this truck down to the US on a number of big wheeling trips including a run to Moab, using the truck as a chase truck for a local Ultra4 desert race team (4502 baby!) as well as a run down the Rubicon Trail. I've done a lot of little updates and modifications throughout this truck's wheeling career as well that I haven't really mentioned here in the build thread (such is the nature of the beast!).

The Duramax has been an awesome engine all around and I am really happy with the swap. It wasn't cheap (7k for the donor and another 1k to install at least) but well worth it.

Until just this last week the truck was sitting up on jack stands yet again for front differential repairs. Who knew that a 7000lb truck with a medium duty diesel engine would bend and break the D60 when it is taken off a 10ft jump while pretending it is a trophy truck out in the desert?! All kinds of fun breaking wheels off your truck! It's nice to have it back on the road
Attached Images