View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #788
dsraven

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

looking good. dash turned out well.
I have tossed around the idea of a small garden sprayer with a hose and wand that could be dragged through a tight area. gonna put down waaaay too much product but better than no product. even if it were to be a rust paint or undercoating material that is fairly cheap compared to epoxy. better that than nothing due to access issues. have also thought of a pump up 1 quart sized sprayer with a jury rigged hose and nozzle attached that coiuld be tossed down the cowl then dragged out slowly while pulling the trigger on the spray bottle. they are cheap enough to discard rather than spend the time and money on thinner to clean them. there is also the solvent sprayer idea from napa or the like. it really sprays a fog and would get into a lot of tight spots for sure. would want to allow time to drip out on the ground before getting it back into the shop, or lay something on the floor under it. would wanna also wear some good respirator stuff with any of these hair brained ideas. what about drilling some holes in discreet areas, spraying, then plug the hole with a plastic plug, like the undercoating guys do?

could you call the paint supplier and see if there is a thinner for the epoxy? mine wasn't that thick but I think it had a thinner to add as well. so much part a, so much part b then up to a max amount of XX thinner to get the viscosity required to spray.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote