View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 86 C10 2wd 6.0 Cold Air Intake Advise Driver Side?

Well you've got the alternator right there, so your intake will have to go forward first to clear the pulley, and clear your radiator and fan. You've probably got copious room so long and your engine isn't spaced far forward.

I'd think the regular Ebay Silverado or Ebay TBSS cold air intake kit would be the usual starting point. Just flip the first 90" coupling the the right and see if it clears. Here's a pic I stole of the regular intake for reference.

If it doesn't clear that belt and pulley, you'll have to space it out by doing like a short straight stub out from the TB, then connect the rest as normal. You might be able to cut a piece from the leftover pipe in the ebay intake, or grab a short piece that spectra or them sell to build your own kits.

Mines not an 86, or on the drivers side, but fwiw; I started with an 04 Silverado kit and trimmed it slightly by ditching the extension piece and airbox, and only running the short kink and the couplings.
I ran that setup for a while, then decided I wanted to get cold air from the core support. Made an inlet in the core support, and added a poly 90* (from those piece together intakes you can get). Decided to make a quick airbox as well with some hand tools.
As a matter of fact, I did a video with some mention of the topic.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote