View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #226
SCOTI

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
I started plumbing my fuel system this week. I built everything out using standard braided line to get my measurements. Then I ordered all of my lines from Brown&Miller Racing. These are by far the best lines in the business in my opinion. They are a high temp fiber braided line, PTFE lined to resist any fuel or additive, crimped on fittings and are rated to 200psi.

I mocked up my filter/regulator in several positions but I wanted to have it in the most accessible location for future maintenance. By mounting here I will be able to change it out fairly easy and it will keep my feed and return lines short. My stainless line clamps didn't show up today so unfortunately this is as far as I got and I wasn't able to run the main line from the filter to the fuel rail.

I'm curious so I'll ask.... Is there a reason why you didn't run hard line for the bulk of the line & just the braided for the flex needed @ the ends?

What's the service life expectancy?
Would you share the costs?

I ask because I sure want to do my 64 w/all flex line but many discouraged it. I felt if I set it up right, I could simply add it to a maintenance schedule for replacement @ certain intervals. Routing the hard line through all the boxing/bracing w/the PB components up front is a PITA (I did plumb it with 3/8" hard line already but I guess I should have put it in place before bolting all the front suspension pieces & brake lines into place). Really, really, would prefer to not have to disassemble all that & I might want to upgrade line size @ some point when the truck gets a new heartbeat.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote