View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 04:18 PM   #66
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted any progress. I finished a few punch list items on the GN and started welding the boxing plates on the passenger side of the Fairlane. In the middle of that, we went on a road trip to IL, IN, MI, OH, KY and back home to KC. We toured the Gilmore Auto Museum in Kalamazoo, but other than that we spent most of the time hiking various trails in state parks. I definitely overdid it as I returned home limping around with a sore left foot. Which gave me an excuse to sit on the couch with my feet up and stream the entire Mecum Indy auction.

I'm still only about 50pc, but I couldn't justify doing the layabout any longer. I have the boxing plates on the passenger rail welded in and ground down. Still a few pinholes here and there, but I've been trying to mark them as I find them and will make another pass after I finish up the driver side.

I don't think I mentioned I also setup the 8" diff for the rearend. The 8" is weaker than its 9" big brother, but with good parts should handle a stock Coyote. I installed a helical gear style Eaton Truetrac, Motive gears, a billet aluminum pinion support with larger bearings and a billet steel 1350 yoke.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote