View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
77 Sport

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

Wow! I should check this board more than twice a year. This is my thread. I hope we can find more information on the Sport decals. I'd really like to see more pictures of '77 Sports as that is what I want my truck to look like someday (for nostalgic reasons). I would especially like to see pictures of the 77 Sport's unique features like the seat detail, the dash grain pattern with its "chrome" bead (I haven't seen that detail on anything else, how is that attached?) , the stripes with measurements, the fleetside rollbar, and the "Chevy Sport" decal on the Fleetside bed. The pictures of my Sport are from 79 and not very clear.
I have one NOS stripe. It's the right hand door bottom stripe. It's part number is 462150. The back is labeled with a logo "STACAL Marking Film". It was made by Stauffer Chemical Company Plastics Division, Westport, Connecticut. I imagine that is just the material manufacturer and not the company that produced the actual decal. Either way Stauffer appears to be long gone.
Also, I have a 73-78 illustrated parts book but unfortunately it only contains stripe detail and placement illustrations for the 78 Sport since the book was updated in the 80's. Maybe an older book would have previous Sport stripe details.
Thanks for the pictures and the thread,
Bob
77 Sport is offline   Reply With Quote