View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #62
DetroitDan

Re: any good stepside tail light Ideas ?

wow, lots of great ideas here. I'm kind of mad at myself, I looked at a 66 yesterday and it never occurred to me to take some pics with my phone. It has a pair of flush mount trailer lights mounted vertically on each side, maybe about a 3x8 size. One is red and one is yellow. Not the most attractive thing, but pretty nicely done, and would be a breeze to change it to led. I wouldnt go to all the trouble of filling the holes and doing something different. Maybe if I go back I'll remember to take some pics.
I'm really annoyed right now that I didn't, because after looking at all these fenders, I am halfway convinced this truck had the wrong stepside fenders on it. If I had a pic I could tell. Somebody painted it with tape and spraycans in a "day after 9/11" American flag theme, so the red and white stripes are thoroughly distracting.

It also doesn't have a rear bumper, it has a rollpan. Which would be sort of okay with me, except they went nuts on the whole truck with louvers, including the tailgate and rollpan. I hate louvers, just never 'got' them.