View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #47
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

December update time. With the days getting shorter and getting colder out, progress has slowed way down. Most of the chassis work will probably have to wait until spring when it is warmer. I did get my temporary wheels and tires mounted. 205/60/15 fronts and 215/60/15 on the back. The front tires are about bald and the rear ones areseverely weather cracked but give me an general idea on size at least. The fronts look a little small to me at this point.

I did not get to the cab mounts yet, just seem to have one thing after another come up that was higher on the priority list. Originally I had just figured it would sit there until spring but then I got to thinking of how long it would take to wire this truck, get the interior stuff done. I had an old rear axle out of a front wheel drive car, some lumber, & a couple caster wheels. maybe about 2 hours total in all of it. got the cab lifted off on Thanksgiving night and moved in the garage. My daughter felt obligated to decorate it.

It is not pretty, and the garage is a mess. but it is insulated and it does have a heater. So I might actually get something accomplished this winter.

I also picked up some seats at work the other day. Split-bench from a 93 Chevy pickup.

Initially when I sat in it I thought it would work fine. But after a minute I'm not so sure. If I sit centered in the driver's seat, the gauges and the steering column will be off to my right a little bit. I was hoping to stay with a bench seat in it so that I could at least have two of my kids in there at the same time. Not sure about the seat yet.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote