View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #84
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Revisit of "Other issues 4". I have the tail piece of the trans sitting on a 3"-ish piece of wood that is sitting on the trans cross memember. Had to do this because the trans bracket/mount does not quite reach the cross member. May be attributable to the fact that the V-8 is shorter than the in-line 6. In addition, if I install the new the trans mount in the proper vertical plain, it raises the tail piece of the trans and the top of the trans hits the bottom of the cab. The alignment of the driveshaft looks pretty good as well. Since I like were everthing is at this time, I intend to fabricate a bracket to reach the trans mounting bracket and keep it where it is. Possible problem exists witht he angle of the engine. It currently has a pretty steep rake to it. Does anyone know if the LS engines have a tolerance from horizontal that has to be honored? If so, and I have to raise it, I can cut the front of the trans tunnel where the interference occurs.

I have not investigated whether or not the trans cross memeber can be rotated 180 degrees or somehow moved to reach the trans. Will look at this soon.
Attached Images

dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote