View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
da_bears_da1

65 Stepside Frame off Restoration

I will try to make a long story short and then get to the pictures (what we all love)

I retired last April and decided during the summer that I wanted to restore a classic. I have a 1957 Chevy Postless 4 door Belaire with a continental kit factory installed. Bought in high school and have stored it at my parents for the last 30 years. Decided I wanted to restore a truck to start learning and do a few restos before I work on my 57. It has been 20+ years since I have turned a wrench and had never welded or done sheet metal before.

I did a dumbx@x thing and bought a truck off of eBay without seeing it last fall. Was described as a project underway but not complete. What I got was a truck with zip ties holding lots of things in place including the electric fuel pump. The floorboard was suppose to have new metal in it. What they used was air duct metal and roofing paper and even shingles to patch it up.

So, I am getting to learn all kinds of new things. Have been working on it for 3-4 months and just joined this forum a couple of weeks ago. Been looking at the build threads and decided I should contribute as well.

Here is the truck when I first got it.
Attached Images

Last edited by da_bears_da1; 03-30-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Fix title
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote