Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #111
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Another Rocker Panel - Drivers side

Moved to the drivers side rocker panel. Cleaned up the floor and door opening with wax and grease remover then acetone paint prep, sprayed it down with epoxy rust converter. Let that dry 24 hours.

If you guys remember I didn't brace my cab when I cut all the rockers out so it sprung like a chicken forcing me to re-align everything myself. I did the best I could with the floor pan using old pieces I cut out and references from each side of the floor to get everything lined back up. It turned out pretty decent, I think I got close as everything seemed to line up well. We will see when everything is done . I test fitted the rocker panel and marked the rear piller where I wanted it and marked where it met the floor pan. Pulled the rocker back off and drilled the holes for the bolts to hold the pillar in place. Last time I forgot this step and had to do it after I had the rocker installed....

Then I test fit the rocker a few more times, drilled my spot weld holes and marked the hole locations to grind off paint.

Got it tacked in a little at a time refitting the door to make sure my gaps were good and finally burned it in for good and coated with epoxy rust converter. It's just what I have right now, rust converter not needed but its an epoxy as well soo...

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote