Thread: SiX-5 SuBuRbAn
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #12
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: SiX-5 SuBuRbAn

I dug this out today. Since the crew cab and 64 sub are at my house now I needed something to work on at the yard....
loose outline for this is :
as little body work and rust repair as possible.-I hope to try to get away with a "patina" build, since I have found pretty much all straight panels in tan for this.
the grille support I don't have , and this one is crashed, so I will have to figure out how to make one of my good ones tan.

low- I will do another pancaked cross member, and I found a set of 3 inch drop springs that I forgot I had in the garage at home.

Pontiac power! I have a good 64 Pontiac 389 that needs a home, and one of the trans ams at the yard has a good automatic.

first order of business though is to get the frame sorted out: it went in a ditch at the right front, and the inner fender is definitely pushed up and bent, whether the frame is tweaked too is the question... the frame is also stress cracked on the drivers side behind the control arm.
if the frame is junk I have a line on another sub frame, and might have to replace that first.

this will go slow, because I need to concentrate on the other 2 first, but it is the next build in line.

a question on the transmission mount?
this is a 65, the column indicator shows PRNDL, so I am thinking power glide?
however there is no mid mount across the frame at the bell housing. was it removed? or were the P/G's mounted with a tail mount (that might also be missing). all I see down there is the E-brake mount.
Attached Images

jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote