View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
SCOTI

Re: C-notch step by step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln
.... Next hold up the Notch and align the front of the side plate with the rear edge of the oval hole in the frame. Once this is aligned then mark the frame for cutting. Cut the notch tight at first and trim it little by little to fit just right making sure the oval hole lines up as shown.
Kevin,
I used the CCP notch & I agree about the instructions being 'vague'. One thing I encountered was aligning the bolt-in notch w/the oval hole on the side of the frame. If I did things according to the intructions, my notch would not be centered over the rear axle tubes @ ride height.

Instead, for my Beater 68 I scribed the C/L of the housing tubes after removing the springs/shocks & raising the rear end flush against the bottom of the frame rail. I then measured/marked the C/L on the notch. I aligned both C/L's & that's where I installed the notch..... which was almost an inch difference vs. the instructions.

The main reason I did it this way was because when I had the c-notch 're-engineered' for my RestoRod (I had a professional Rod Shop re-do a 'buddies' hack job) they didn't center the rear @ ride height & now the c-notch is off center & hits the rear end.

I decided then that I could do a better job & was glad I verified vs assuming the instructions were 100%. There might be slight variances between frames so it's worth the extra effort before cutting begins.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 04-09-2006 at 12:27 PM.